- 1 cup (packed, about 40 g) carrot top greens, tough stems removed
- 1 cup (packed, about 40 g) baby spinach (or other fresh green leafy vegetable like Swiss Chard)
- 1 – 2 large garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup (63 g) unsalted cashews
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup (118 ml) extra virgin olive oil
1. Rinse the carrot top greens and green leaves.
2. Pulse a few times in a kitchen machine: carrot tops, green leaves, garlic, cashews, sea salt, and black pepper.
3. Open machine top and scrape down the mixture. Close the machine and slowly pour in olive oil with the machine running. Pulse a few times. Add pesto to the pasta. Enjoy!
OPTIONS: Soak cashews for a more creamy sauce. Or dry roast the cashews for a fuller nutty flavor. Either way tastes great.
MEAL IDEAS: Cook pasta, drain, and immediately mix in thinly chopped spinach or swiss chard. Gently fold in prepared Carrot Top Pesto with pasta. Serve with grated beets and sunflower seed microgreens.